1 June 2014

Fast food made with past food.

Sunny evening time and I need something chatakdar masaledar tasty. I open the fridge.  All I can see is upma made for breakfast staring at me and saying please finish me. And then aloo mash made for paratha filling and stale bread. :(
And then I had to put my thinking cap and all I could think of was jhatpat tikki/ cutlets.
Weird combination but I tell you I was flabbergasted by the taste. It turned out to be marvellous. Next time I am going to tell mom to make upma in large quantity than usual. So all you need is :

Ingredients:
Homemade upma: at least a cup full.
Mashed aloo : 1 cup
Pohe soaked : 1 cup
Bread crumbs : 3 Tbs
Garlic paste : 1/2 tsp
Kitchen king masala : 1 Tbsp
Green chillies : 5-6
Garlic Cloves : 3-4
Red chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil : for shallow frying.

Method :

1. Ok so usually upma already has onion in it but if u still want some more you can surely add 1 finely chopped onion.  In a large bowl take upma aloo bread crumbs.  Mix it with your hands.
2. Soak the pohe and add it to the mix.
3. Now add the masala, red chilli powder, green chillies,  salt and pepper, garlic. And mix well.
4. Give them the shape you desire amd keep aside.
5. Take a non stick pan drizzle over some oil and fry the tikki till its golden brown on both the sides.
6. Serve it with pudinewali chutney or tomato sauce or have as it is.

So now you know!!! Playing with food and making something delicious out of it is really fun and your mom will also not scold :D

No comments:

Post a Comment