5 November 2014

Winter Salad.

Its quite unusual to get Oranges in winter season. Although I don't mind having oranges all year round. I pretty much knew that they would be terribly sour and I was absolutely right. And of course I had some juicy apples and 1 raw papaya. Mum has a habit of incorporating salads into our meals and today was my turn to make the salad. And so I put my thinking cap and voilà!  We have one fresh and simple Winter salad. I just love the way fruits and veggies can create magic together. So all you need is,

*since its a salad the proportion of vegetables and fruits can be changed as per requirement*

Ingredients :

1. Apple : 1
2. Orange : 1 ( segments de-seeded)
3. Capsicum : 1
4. Onion : 1
5. Cucumber : 2
6.  Corn : 1 cup ( boiled)
7. Garlic : 1 clove
8.  Green chilli : 1 Tbsp
9. Lemon juice : 1 Tbsp
10. Black salt : 1/2 tsp
11. Sugar : as per requirement.
12. Pepper: 1 Tbsp.

Method :

1. Cut the vegetables and fruits into bite size pieces. ( cut the apples at the end)
2. In a bowl, grate the garlic clove, add finely chopped chillies, lemon juice, black salt and pepper, sugar and make the dressing.
3. Now toss in all the vegetables and fruits and mix well.
4. Serve chilled.

Happy Winters! !

No comments:

Post a Comment